Are you new to homeschool and wondering how other parents teach their children to read? Are you an experienced unschooler who has encouraging stories to share of how your children learned to read without coercion? You have come to the right place! (If you’re looking for my recommendations on books for teaching reading, check here.)
Welcome to the “Learning to Read” Blog Hop!
We’re collecting stories on the variety of ways in which homeschooled and unschooled children learn to read, especially noncoercive stories. If you have a homeschooling or unschooling blog, we’d love for you to write up your children’s learning-to-read stories and share them here! If you don’t have a blog but you’ve got a great story to share, please contact me about either writing a guest post on this blog or sharing your story so that we can write it up and publish it here.
If you want to get to the stories, skip down to the Reading Stories now! If you wish to contribute, please read the guidelines.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
1. Write a new post, or link to an old post! If you have multiple children and multiple posts, add links to them all.
2. LINK DIRECTLY TO THE INDIVIDUAL POST or page containing your reading story, and not to the main page of your blog. The linky tool will only accept permalinks to individual posts.
3. Please ONLY link homeschooling learning-to-read stories. Stories not on-topic will be deleted, as will ads for products and product reviews.
4. Finally, copy or grab the button and add it to your post, so that we can create a real resource for interested readers to find more stories about how homeschooled and unschooled kids learned to read!
<div align="center"><a href="http://winging-it.me/learn-to-read-homeschool-blog-hop-linky" title="Learn to Read Homeschool Blog Hop | See how other homeschoolers learn to read!"><img src="http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w355/tandemonimom/reading-blog-hop-x250.jpg" alt="Learn to Read Homeschool Blog Hop" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
5. Share Your Learning to Read Stories Here!
We’d love to have a note from you as you browse the reading stories from your fellow homeschoolers and unschoolers. Which is your favorite learn-to-read story? Homeschoolers and unschoolers – share stories of how your children learned to read!
Please remember to grab the blog hop button so others can find this resource!
Don’t forget to grab the button for your blog!
<div align="center"><a href="http://winging-it.me/learn-to-read-homeschool-blog-hop-linky" title="Learn to Read Homeschool Blog Hop | See how other homeschoolers learn to read!"><img src="http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w355/tandemonimom/reading-blog-hop.jpg" alt="Learn to Read Homeschool Blog Hop" style="border:none;" /></a></div>